This conflict of interest policy was adopted by Forte’s board on 18 November 2020 and applies until further notice.
According to the Instrument of Government, chapter 1, section 9, in their activities administrative authorities shall take into account everyone’s equality under the law and shall observe objectivity and impartiality. The confidence of the general public in the authorities’ impartiality depends on there being legal rules that make it possible to disqualify a representative of an authority from participating in the processing of a case. Provisions regarding conflicts of interest may be found in sections 16-18 of the Administration Act (2017:900).
This conflict of interest policy has been drawn up to ensure that Forte complies with the requirements of the Administration Act and to prevent representatives of the authority from being involved in conflicts of interest in which the objectivity of the representatives may come into question.
The following applies at Forte:
- Any form of participation in the processing of cases at Forte shall be marked by objectivity and impartiality.
- Forte shall work actively and continuously to ensure that the authority’s representatives do not become involved in conflicts of interest that mean that the objectivity of the representatives or confidence in the authority may come into question.
- Forte shall handle any conflict of interest situations that arise in accordance with the law.
- Forte shall have guidelines for handling conflicts of interests. The guidelines shall be continuously followed up and evaluated.
- Forte shall work to ensure that all persons who represent the authority have good knowledge of conflict och interest issues and have read and understand the conflict of interest policy and guidelines.
- Conflict of interest issues shall be regularly communicated and discussed in the organisation.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the conflict of interest policy and the guidelines for handling conflicts of interest are followed rests with the authority and all those who participate in the processing of cases at the authority. Among other things, this means that the authority’s board members, employees, members of working groups and other representatives of Forte shall be aware of and follow Forte’s conflict of interest policy and the guidelines for handling conflicts of interest.