Forte, NordForsk, the Academy of Finland, the Swedish Research Council, Forte, the Research Council of Norway, Rannis – The Icelandic Centre for Research, and the Economic and Social Research Council, part of UK Research and Innovation, are issuing a call for proposals for research projects under the Joint Nordic-UK Migration and Integration Research Programme. The call has a budget of 65 million NOK and the deadline for the call for proposals is 15 November 2018.
The aim of the Joint Nordic-United Kingdom Migration and Integration Research Programme is to stimulate the knowledge communities in the Nordic countries and the United Kingdom to cooperate in order to enhance opportunities and address challenges of migration and integration. The programme seeks to fund excellent research with impact within and beyond academia and with the potential to create outcomes of greater value for the countries involved than could be achieved through national activities alone.
This new call is aimed at investigating:
- Drivers for migration and global, regional and local migration chains and patterns
- Health and wellbeing among migrants
- Social cohesion and inequality
- Social and family relations
- Histories of migrants, migration and integration
- Migrant cultural heritages and contemporary cultural expressions
- Politics and governance of migration and integration
Complete information about the call and how to apply can be found here on NordForsk’s website .